Saturday, July 4, 2009

Love grows best in little houses

We live in a tiny house, my parent's house, the one in which I was raised.  2 bedrooms and one bath, a kitchen and a living room.  There are times when I hear my mother's frustrated voice resonating in my head as I attempt to retrieve a pot or pan without causing everything else in the kitchen to to cascade into an avalanche, "This place is too small!"  I have gained a forever respect for my mother and her ability to take care of two girls in this small place. But, the longer I live here the more blesssed I feel by the little things.

Watching my daughter dance in front of the stove to see her reflection-I remember doing the same thing.

Seeing her circle a majestic tall tree that I watched my father plant as a tiny seedling.

Having the ability to see and hear everyone from just about every room in the house

Keeping both girls close together for playing, sleeping and eating.  My sister was always nearby and I'm glad my girls will have the same experience.

But you know, love grows best in little houses,
  With fewer walls to separate,
 Where you eat and sleep so close together.
 You can't help but communicate,  
Oh, and if we had more room between us,
 think of all we'd miss.
 Love grows best, in houses just like this.
(Doug Stone)




No comments:

Post a Comment