Friday, July 17, 2009

In My Own Little Corner




I know what this looks like and I can assure you that I have not turned M into my little Cinderella slave girl (just ignore me typing in the background).   

As I've been perusing the internet for preschool skills and activities I've been shying away from the letters/numbers/cutsie-wootsie stuff (that's right, I said cutsie wootsie) and leaning more towards the Montessori style of preschool activities. Mercy already knows her letters and letter sounds thanks to Leap Frog Letter Factory (you didn't hear that Dr. Montessori, I don't intend for my child's entire education to be via cartoons) but there are many skills and activities I would like M to master.

Montessori puts an emphasis on practical life skills and keeping one's environment.  We found this vacuum at Wal-Mart for $15 and it has been proven as a perfect tool for Mercy to pitch in with!  True Montessori uses a carpet sweeper, but Dr. Montessori left this earth before the invention of vacuums s I think this will pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment